Announcing The Toddler Program 18 - 36 months
Starting in September of 2014, Hilltop Montessori School will have
a toddler program that will:
- serve toddlers ages 18-36 months
- be available for 5 or 3 mornings a week, with full or half-day schedules
- provide high-quality, authentic Montessori approach, materials, and activities for these younger members of our community
- toilet learning is part of the curriculum
A typical routine of the day includes:
- Outdoor time - developing gross motor skills and social skills
- Open Work Cycle - toddlers choosing work that interest them and holds their interest
- Snack - a snack that encourages healthy eating and independence
- Lunch - a lunch from home eaten in a group setting, encouraging independence and social skills
- Nap - a calm quiet-time developmentally appropriate for this age
- More outdoor time!
For those of you who haven't seen a Montessori toddler program in action, you are in for a treat. They are absolutely beautiful and amazing, as you see the: supporting of the child's abilities, choice of work, development of practical life skills, and satisfaction in growing independence applied at this young age. So many physical and cognitive skills are just coming online and the whole world is opening up to them for their exploration and mastery. To have this happen in a Montessori prepared environment tailored to their size, abilities, and interests is a gift!