Tuition and Grants
Tuition rates are set each school year with payments due the first week of each month over the course of the year (or 12 installments). Financial contracts include selecting your payment option (monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual) and your method of payment (direct payment, scheduled credit card payments or check). Prorated tuition applies to students joining us during the school year. Hilltop’s tuition does not include fees for winter sports activities, before and after care programs or additional expenses incurred for field trips or special events. There is also an annual registration fee of $375, which is applies to all students (new and returning) along with a signed contract. This fee is non-refundable.
2013-2014 Rates by Program
Children's House classes are offered from 8:30 a.m. to noon (half-day) or to 3 p.m. (full-day). Other grades start their day at 8:30 a.m. and depart at 3 p.m.
|Children’s House 1/2 Day
5 half days 8:30 - 12:00
|Children’s House 1/2 Day + 1 full
4 half days 8:30 - 12:00 / 1 full - 3:00 pm
|Children’s House 1/2 Day + 2 full
3 half days 8:30 - 12:00 / 2 full - 3:00 pm
|Children’s House 1/2 Day + 3 full
2 half days 8:30 - 12:00 / 3 full - 3:00 pm
|Children’s House 1/2 Day + 4 full
1 half day 8:30 - 12:00 / 4 full - 3:00 pm
|Children’s House Full Day
5 full days 8:30 - 3:00 pm
|Lower & Upper Elementary
8:30 - 3:00 pm
8:30 - 3:00 pm
Before / After School Care for ages 3-5 & 6-8
|Before 7:40 - 8:40 a.m.||$7.50|
|After 12:00 - 3:00 p.m.||$22.50|
|After 3:00 - 4:00 p.m.||$7.50|
|After 3:00 - 5:00 p.m.||$14.50|
Grants & Financial Aid
Hilltop maintains a strong financial aid program for those seeking tuition assistance. Hilltop encourages families to apply for financial aid if they think they may qualify. Hilltop is committed to maintaining a socio-economically diverse student body. More than 30% of Hilltop students receive financial aid awards ranging from 10 - 40% of the total tuition.
Grants are given for school tuition only. Financial aid applications and the schedule are available online at http://sss.nais.org/parents/Pages/default.aspx. Applicants will be considered depending on available funds.
Financial aid will be awarded for the ensuing year only if the current year’s tuition and any outstanding fees are paid in full before the first tuition payment for the ensuing year.
Applications received after January 15 will be considered depending on available funds.
How to Apply for Financial Aid
1. The completed Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) forms must be submitted to SSS (School and Student Service for Financial Aid), along with their most recent tax documents, by January 15 for the coming academic year. Both parents need to complete the PFS online. Business/Farm Statement must be completed on line by owners of businesses/farms.
2. Complete the forms.
• Hilltop’s school code that must go on the forms is: 1435
• It is important that the forms be completed as requested by the service.
• Do not put questions marks (?), N/A, or comments like “none” in the blanks. If the answer is: “zero”, put in “0” rather than leaving the blank empty.
3. Online applications must be in by January 15 in order for your application (PFS), along with most recent tax documents, to be considered. Take care to avoid errors – these could make your application late. Applications submitted after the deadline will be considered if funds are available after grants have been awarded.
4. All forms and application materials must be sent directly to SSS by January 15, including tax documents, which can be sent electronically or by mail.
Call 800-344-8328. If you are calling from outside of the United States or Canada, dial 952-967-9922. The Customer Service Center offers assistance in English as well as Spanish.
For overnight mail, use this address:
SSS By NAIS Application Processing Center 437 Turnpike Street* Canton, MA 02021
Applications submitted after the deadline will be considered if funds are available.
• All information provided by you is kept confidential
• If you have any questions about how to complete the forms, please call the Help Line at SSS website
• Grants are announced in late February/early March
Please feel free to contact Lauren Campbell in the Admissions office (802.257.0500 ext 101) if you have any questions.
Hilltop Montessori School does not discriminate on the basis of physical handicap, race, creed, color, or sex in the administration of its educational policies, admissions, scholarships and other school programs. The school affords each of its students its full range of social, academic, and athletic opportunities.